Designing with Glazing
The series will offer an educational insight into windows and doors, commercial façades, efficient design and exemplary buildings. We’ll also delve into how the changing built environment will influence the future of window design here in New Zealand.
In this workshop you can expect to cover:
- Some legislation changes with glass.
- How to approach commercial façades.
- A review on how to achieve the best building performance with glazing in conjunction to many other factors such as occupancy, building orientation, and HVAC systems.
- Integrated windows (mixing shop front and flush glaze).
- How to approach glazing when re-purposing an existing commercial building.
- Off-site prefabrication here in NZ (which promises to be a game changer!).
Plus, all attendees go into the draw to win one of five sets of Monmouth Glass Studio cups!
The seminars will be held nationwide April to May 2018. So if you are an architect or designer keen to stay ahead of the curve, register for your local seminar by clicking on "Book Online" above.
5.00pm Welcome drinks and nibbles
5.30pm Altus welcome
5.35pm A look into commercial and residential window, door and façade design.
Glazing design intent with TBA
7.00pm Wrap up Q&A